This program provides students a hands-on learning experience designed to bridge theory and practice. Students gain knowledge in language acquisition, development and linguistics, paying particular attention to classroom application.
This is one of the only online certified TESOL program that includes field experience and individualized course work.
Students typically work part-time to complete five online courses in three quarters. Seattle-based students can finish in just one quarter by studying full-time in class during WAL’s summer intensive program. This option is offered onsite at City University’s Seattle campus.
An undergraduate degree and proof of English proficiency.
Where do Alumni work?
Most graduates find work teaching English to adult learners overseas. Others apply their learning to younger classrooms or use their knowledge in administrative roles with English acquisition organizations in the U.S. or abroad.
Completion of the Graduate Certificate in TESOL will require a total of 5 courses (15 credits). This program offers a total of 130 hours of instruction.
- TESOL 510 Principles of Language Learning & Teaching (3 credits)
- TESOL 525 Methods of Teaching Language (3 credits)
- TESOL 530 Teaching Grammar (3 credits)
- TESOL 540 Strategies for Teaching the Four Skills (3 credits)
- TESOL 555 Materials Development & Selection (3 credits)